Raport Nicko McBrain'a - OSAKA

specjalne raporty z A Matter of Life And Death World Tour 2006/2007!

Moderator: Administracja i Moderacja SanktuariuM

Awatar użytkownika
WICKER MAN
-#Rainmaker
-#Rainmaker

Raport Nicko McBrain'a - OSAKA

Postautor: WICKER MAN » wt paź 31, 2006 1:01 pm

Nicko: Osaka

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In hotel room Osaka.
Time 9:45am
Tuesday 31st October

Well, well, well yet again the dreaded lack of sleep monster has got to me. When will I ever be able to get a good night’s sleep? Will I ever again get to feel that wonderful rested feeling after a good night’s sleep????
Oh worries me, this feeling of despair.

Enough of me moaning and groaning.

We played the Osaka-Jo Hall last night and what a great time we all had. Gig went smoothly enough and with no train wrecks to report. Gig wasn’t sold out but all the Billies that were there had a great time. We were on quite late again. We took to the stage at 7:45pm.
Strange going on so, Late!!! TEEHEE.

The day before was very nice. We arrived from Tokyo at 3pm. After checking in to the hotel. Ian and I then went for a stroll over to the Panasonic building here in Osaka.We got to see all the new technology on offer. Especially cool were the new HD TV’s and what-not. Amazing picture quality….
After a peruse in the centre we headed over to a wee bar in the shopping mall next door, we bumped into Dickie on our way there. We found a quaint little place and sat and had a beer together. After about half an hour we were joined by Dave and Tamara. They had a wee drink with us and then Ian, Dickie and I left the bar and headed back to the hotel.
We had a beer in the hotel bar and Geezer joined us. He and I decided to go have Tempura for dinner. There is a fantastic Tempura restaurant in the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed it. What a great restaurant beautiful service, as you have become accustomed to in this country, and fantastic food.
I was missing me Sweet pea real bad that night, not that I don’t miss her all the time, it was just one of those moments that you get when something triggers ya off on memory lane.

The view from the restaurant was magnificent and I got really home sick and pinning for me misses.
Just over the road from the hotel is the magnificent castle of Osaka. It is truly a site not to miss when visiting here.
Out of all the places visited in Japan over the years this town is my favorite.
After dinner I came back to my room. I watched a movie and then it was lights out at 1:30pm.
I woke up really early again at around 4am and fortunately went back to sleep until 8am when Geezer called to let me know to meet him and Ian at 8:45 for breakfast.
Got up and showered then met them downstairs in the restaurant.
After a fulfilling spot of grub I went out for a strut.

I met with my long time friend George Yusa. He’s the chap that owns a Sake factory here in Japan. EEEMMMM.

We went for a walk and then I invited him for lunch. We hit a noodle restaurant over the road from the Panasonic centre that I just had to take him too. He really enjoyed it there.
We had a great lunch and talked about the good old days of when we first met in 1985, my first Japanese visit. Good memories. Great lunch!!!

After which, I headed back to the hotel. I had a wee siesta. After a wee snooze I watched a darts competition on the old glue tube. It was close to leaving time.
Fortunately the gig is a stones through from the hotel. It is actually quicker to walk there than to take a car
Got ready and then went over to the gig. Did me usual warm up and then we hit the stage.

Thank you to all in Osaka for a great evening.

After the show we met with some folks from the local TV station that was helping promote the gig, they had brought us a very nice chocolate cake. Geezer took some smudges of it. I hope that you ALL will be able to see them on the free web site just so everyone can enjoy them. The cake had a great Eddie iced on top.
Lovely Jubbly!!!!!!!!

Well, I’m off now.
Got to go and get ready to leave for Nagoya.
Last show in Japan tonight!
Yet another Bullet train journey.

Stay safe and well
God bless you all.
=Nicko=

Wróć do „Raporty z trasy koncertowej 2006/2007!”