Raport Nicko McBrain'a - DNI WOLNE

specjalne raporty z A Matter of Life And Death World Tour 2006/2007!

Moderator: Administracja i Moderacja SanktuariuM

Awatar użytkownika
WICKER MAN
-#Rainmaker
-#Rainmaker

Raport Nicko McBrain'a - DNI WOLNE

Postautor: WICKER MAN » pt lis 10, 2006 3:20 pm

Nicko: Days Off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On board flight from Stanstead to Aalborg Denmark
Time 2:15pm
November 9, 2006

Well, well, well, here we are getting ready for the beginning of the European leg of our tour. The first show’s tonight in, Aalborg, Denmark. I’m really looking forward to it.

Well, lets see, I have had a very nice 9 days off since our last show in Japan. On the Wednesday last week, Ian, Geezer, Steve, H, Jan and I flew back too blighty. I spent that night at the Park Inn hotel at Heathrow. The next morning, Thursday, I arose checked out and took the airport bus over to terminal three. I made my way to the Virgin check-in. After getting me boarding pass I went through security and then went to the clubhouse. I had a wee libation and then it was time to get on the plane. I had a great flight home. I slept on the plane for a good 5 hours. Got to my home at a little after 6pm. It was really great to be home.

I have had the best three days with my family. On the Friday, my wife and I went to a brand new restaurant for lunch it was in the Town Centre Mall. Can’t remember the name of the restaurant but what a great place!!! We had a wonderful time together.

That evening my son had a home game that Rebecca and I attended. The high school’s football team the ‘Vanguard’ won by quite a large number of points I think the score was 43 to 18?
The band was kicking. I’m really proud of me boy and the rest of the guys in the band. They have come on miles since I last heard them a few weeks ago. They sounded very tight, load and powerful, full credit to Mr. Rhodes, their music director.

The next day we had a blast. I got up at 6:30am after a GREAT nights sleep. I took a Tylenol PM before bed and enjoyed a complete, undisturbed, nights rest. Thank you Lord!!!!

In the morning I went out to look for some Christmas gifts. After being out for a while Rebecca called and we made arrangements to meet at TGI Fridays for lunch. It was a shame that Justin was at band rehearsals all day. I really missed him. He started at 8 in the morning and finished at 8 at night. My goodness, what a day of rehearsing. They get worked really hard.

After a nice lunch we went shopping together and bought our son his Christmas gift. We went back home and we rested for a while and then I got up and went to collect Justin from school. He got home and he had a spot of dinner and then we watched some TV together. I went to bed at 10pm.

Took another Tylenol PM and slept like a baby. Got up at 7 and got ready to go to church. Justin wasn’t feeling very well. I could tell he was getting sick He was coughing hard and he was running a temperature. Rebecca and I went to church on our own. After church we went to visit Rebecca’s mum. Dropped off some bits and pieces for her and then we went back home. I made a Sunday dinner for the family. Spuds and Chicken with Broccoli, Green Beans, Cauliflower, Bread sauce and Bisto Gravy. YUMMY.

We had a beautiful day. In the evening we watched some Telly again but this time I had to go to me bed at 8:30pm. I didn’t take the old Tylenol, big mistake. I woke up at 11:45pm wide awake. Oh No not again!!!!

Well I managed to get back to sleep until 6 am. I got up and started to get Justin’s lunch together. Rebecca got him up for school but he was really in a bad way. We decided to send him back to bed and then I was going to take him to see the doctor at 8:30. We got to see the doc and he said that Justin had a sinus infection and that he had to stay home for a couple of days at least. I was kind of happy because that meant I would see him during the day. I had to leave back to Blighty that afternoon so a little bit of mixed emotion there.

Well. 4 o’clock arrived and I had to pull myself away. We were all together in the bed room watching an old western movie. I got me bits together and then had to leave. I made it to Miami airport in good time and went to the lounge for a drink. I had a coffee and sandwich and then it was time to go through security. I got on the plane and took a Tylenol PM had a glass of wine and went to sleep. I got a good 6 hours rest.

When I arrived into London I went to the revivals lounge at Heathrow. I saw my friend Michelle; she is the manager of the club. I took a shower to freshen up and then had a couple of grilled crumpets with a nice cup of Rosie. After that I left and made my way over to Bray.

Bray is a studio outside London. They make movies at this place. Our equipment was being set up there. I had to go and place my drums as I’m using a new drum floor on this set. I went in about 10:30 and was done marking up the kit by 11. After I went to me flat. I stayed awake until 10pm. I took another Tylenol and slept through till 9 in the morning. I hope that I have got rid of the dreaded ‘Kin lag now.
I’ll find out tonight after the show.

Well, I’m going now. We’re about to make a landing into Aalborg.

God bless and stay safe and well.
=Nicko=

Wróć do „Raporty z trasy koncertowej 2006/2007!”